Monday, December 27, 2010

The Beginnings of a New Blog...

When I think about what makes me happy, the first two things that come into my head are backpacks and sandy feet... To me, there's nothing better.  Backpacks get my books and my clothes to my next destination and sandy feet... well... I chose sandy feet because it was better than putting something about drippy sinuses in the title of a blog... who wants to hear about that? In all seriousness though, because blogging is such a serious business, I love sandy feet.  It means I've been surfing or paddling or playing volleyball or even just reading a book on the beach.  I am not one of those people who don't like to get sandy at the beach...   

Pretty much every trip I've ever taken somehow revolved around surfing or the ocean.  It wasn't until I was out of the house and out in the "real world" that I realized how lucky I was growing up and cruising all over the coast of California and Baja with some trips to Mainland Mexico thrown in for good measure.  My husband, George, and I have the same love of surfing and of traveling and together, have been fortunate enough to be able to surf some of the most sought after waves in Baja, California, Hawaii, and Bali, Indonesia.  We truly are blessed to be living the dream.

Off on another adventure--Mainland Mexico circa a long time ago.
With my parents and my dad's friends, Dave and Spencer


This photo is amazing.  I love the backpack that I was carrying--my tiny blue backpack with balloons on it--overflowing with books and arts and craft supplies for the trip.  More than that though, my mom looks gorgeous in this photo.  It's one of my favorites of her from when I was growing up.  And it really makes me miss my sun-kissed long hair.


Palapas & a good place to take a siesta -- Still important parts of my life!!

I'm excited about this blog.  I'm excited to get back to writing more than 420 characters at a time. And I'm excited for my next adventure with a backpack and sandy feet.  Stay tuned...

7 comments:

  1. I still remember the feel of that backpack. It was soft yet sturdy, had a little pocket in the front, and yes.... it made it to a lot of cool destinations!!!! I love it that you inherited your mother's wanderlust and love of sand between her toes. I'm also excited you are getting back to writing. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Your blogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Miss Molly! I'll be following you!! the olden day pics are Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Love you girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope that during the 2011 year, I might be able to join you on a jaunt somewhere... love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! So that is where you get your most awesome amazing smile from!!! can't wait to read more--not paddling at the moment in frozen NJ. It's supposed to warm up to the 40's by the weekend, though, so maybe something will defrost!

    ReplyDelete